Bend the Arc’s Selah Leadership Program is now accepting applications for our next National Cohort!
Selah National Cohort
Bend the Arc’s Selah Leadership Program is designed for Jewish social justice leaders working in Jewish and secular organizations. Selah provides unparalleled training for leaders, new tools to enhance your vision and facilitate organizational change, and the opportunity to learn among some of the nation's most innovative and inspiring Jewish social change leaders. After all, no social justice leader works alone.
The application process, ongoing through October 17, 2013, is highly competitive and open to Jews interested in exploring the connections between leadership, social justice and Jewish identity.
What are the criteria for eligibility?
- Demonstrated effective leadership with a minimum of seven years of experience in the social justice sector
- Position of influence within your organization
- Job requiring collaboration with others, and/or supervision of personnel
- Must be a social change leader working in a Jewish organization, OR; A social change leader with a Jewish identity working in a non-Jewish or secular social change organization
- Religious, cultural, or other Jewish identity that informs your social change work
- Commitment to personal growth
- Desire to be part of a group learning environment and intentional network
Overview of Application Process:
Candidates may submit applications by applying here.
The application deadline is October 17, 2013.
All applicants are notified of their acceptance status by December 11, 2013.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the time commitment for a Selah Cohort?
Each Selah cohort consists of:
- An opening 4-day training
- Monthly peer coaching meetings with 2 – 3 people
- Weekly homework assignments (a total of 2 – 4 hours each month)
- A monthly learning call (1-1.5 hours/month)
- A closing 3-day training
The average time commitment per month is between 3 – 6 hours.
Where and when does the next Selah Cohort take place?
Applicants should save the following dates. Attendance in all sessions is required for the program.